Thursday, July 3, 2008

"I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!"



Yes, yes, yes! I have a new sewing machine after 36 years. Thanks to all of the advice and reviews, I purchased a Bernina 240. I haven't even had it for 24 hours, but I love it already.

To try it out, I decided to make a "sweater" for a pillow as an anniversary gift for our friends Kim and Scott.

The way it sewed on the wool was amazing, I don't know how I lived without it all these years. I even tried out some of the "fancy" stitches. They may not be fancy to most people, but considering all I've ever had was a straight stitch, I feel like a kid in a candy store.
Can't wait to make something else!

1 comment:

Janet said...

YEA!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooooo excited for you:-) What a difference it will make in your life. There will be no stopping you now!?!?!
PS I want a sew date!